A healthy alternative to pasta noodles! In addition – easy, inexpensive, and takes less than an hour to make. I went to the local market and spent only $14 and it’s great for two people plus leftovers. Sounds like a win-win situation.
Like my previous recipe posts – eyeball it to your liking (no measuring cups). BAM!!! *think Emeril*
- Pre-heat oven 375F
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise
- Discard the seeds
- Drizzle olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Flip them face down and in the oven it goes for 40 minutes
- Cook the ground beef with garlic
- Drain the excess oil from the cooked beef
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, minced parsley, and meat sauce (I used the pre-made Ragu can to make it faster)
- Once the squash is done – flip it back over and let it cool for a few minutes
- Using two forks, pull the squash. It should simply fall off.
You can definitely tweak this recipe to your own liking. For leaner meat, choose ground turkey instead of ground beef. For vegetarians, substitute with marinara sauce. Make it even more colorful by adding yellow pepper, green pepper, and bell peppers to the mix.
Voilà! Dinner is served.